Coronavirus Information - Updated 14th April 2020
Update Friday June 12th at 11.30am
In line with Government guidelines from Monday the 15th of June all Patients attending the Surgery are now required to wear face coverings/mask at all times whilst on the premises. Thank you for your co-operation.
If you need to contact the Surgery please telephone or go online. All our appointments are subject to telephone triage with a Clinician, following which, if you need to be seen you will be invited to attend Sidney House and given instructions regarding access to the premises. The Dispensary is OPEN and medication can be collected. Please follow the signs to the right hand side of the building of Sidney House.
We still recommend that parents book their children in for their Child Immunisations - please phone the Surgery to book.
Women who have received an invitation for cervical smears can phone the Surgery to book an appointment with the Nurse.
For the latest information regarding the Coronavirus pandemic please visit NHS111 online Click here
For further information click here
Useful Links - Covid -19
- Useful Documents - Covid - 19
- Alcohol Hand Sanitiser & Vehicle Fires.pdf >
- Accessing Dental Care.pdf >
- Accessing Dental Care - What to Expect.pdf >
- Accessing Dental Care - Changes.pdf >
- Immunisations Helps - 1 year olds.pdf >
- Immunisations Helps - Mums to be.pdf >
- Immunisation Helps - Young Families.pdf >
- Dementia Support.pdf >
- Discharged from A and E Patient Leaflet.pdf >
- Discharged from Hospital Patient Leaflet.pdf >
- Child Immunisations .pdf >
Prescriptions and Medication
Due to minimising patient contact at the surgery and also our local pharmacies, paper script requests will no longer be taken. We are asking patients to sign up for online services to request your repeat medication. GP's are working to ensure that repeat medications are up dated without any non-essential delay. To ensure that we provide a safe and accessible service we are asking all patients to nominate a pharmacy. You can do this through your usual pharmacy.
We encourage all patients to order their own medicines. Ordering online is the easiest and safest way by the following methods:
- Via your SystmOne Online account (if you don't have an account please phone reception to set it up)
- Download and use the NHS app. https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) service – patient with stable, regular repeat medicines can receive batches of medication that can be dispensed once a month. Please speak to a member of the dispensary team or to your usual pharmacy to see if you are eligible for this.
Unless you do not have internet access, telephone requests for medication are not accepted.
The Dispensary is OPEN and medication can be collected. Please follow the signs to the right hand side of the building.
NEW PRESCRIPTION CHARGES FROM APRIL 2020
- Prescription charges are due to increase with effect from 1st April 2020.
PRESCRIPTION CHARGES AS OF 1ST of APRIL 2020
1 ITEM £9.15
3 ITEMS £27.45
4 ITEMS £36.60
3 MONTHS £29.65
12 MONTHS £105.90
"To maintain and if able, improve the health and wellbeing of those Patients for whom we care"
Patient DNA statistics
In January 2019, 131 appointments were booked and then not attended, totalling almost 30 hours of wasted clinical time.
In February, 80 appointments totalling almost 20 hours were not attended.
In March, 89 appointments totalling almost 22 hours were not attended.
From January 2019 we will be writing to patients each time they fail to attend an appointment and add them to our ‘Did Not Attend Register’. Should these patients then not attend a second appointment in the next six month period, we may remove them from our patient list.
Please do not waste our valuable appointments! You can cancel by:
- Calling: 01245 380324
- Texting name, date of birth, date and time of the appt to: 07594715982
- Using your online access (if registered)