The dispensary at Hatfield Peverel is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am - 6.30pm
We are only allowed to dispense medicine to those patients who live more than one mile from a chemist.
Repeat prescriptions will be issued for patients on long-term treatment and regular medicine reviews are undertaken.
Due to minimising patient contact at the surgery and also our local pharmacies, paper script requests will no longer be taken. We are asking patients to sign up for online services to request your repeat medication. GP's are working to ensure that repeat medications are up dated without any non-essential delay. To ensure that we provide a safe and accessible service we are asking all patients to nominate a pharmacy. You can do this through your usual pharmacy.
We encourage all patients to order their own medicines. Ordering online is the easiest and safest way by the following methods:
- Via your SystmOne Online account (if you don't have an account please phone reception to set it up)
- Download and use the NHS app. https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) service – patient with stable, regular repeat medicines can receive batches of medication that can be dispensed once a month. Please speak to a member of the dispensary team or to your usual pharmacy to see if you are eligible for this.
Unless you do not have internet access, telephone requests for medication are not accepted.
The Dispensary is OPEN and medication can be collected. Please follow the signs to the right hand side of the building.
Please allow three complete working days before collection. It is the patients/carers responsibility to make sure the medication is requested before current medication is due to run out to ensure there is enough medication to cover this period.
Email request: email@example.com Please ensure you include name, date of birth and state exactly which items you require, failure to do so may lead to a delay in processing your prescription.
If you are unable to use the above preferred methods, then the dispenser at Hatfield Peverel will answer the telephone daily between 09.00am and 10.00am and from 3pm and 4pm
It is our policy and that of the Government to issue one months supply of drugs at a time.
Order & Collection Schedule
The Schedule for ordering and collection is:-
- Monday for Thursday
- Tuesday for Friday
- Wednesday for Monday
- Thursday for Tuesday
- Friday for Wednesday
When ordering prescriptions please specify which pharmacy you would like to collect from as we are able to send electronically.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
NHS Prescription Charges
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
PRESCRIPTION CHARGES AS AT 1ST APRIL 2019
1 ITEM £9.00
3 ITEMS £27.00
4 ITEMS £36.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.